Bulli Lodge, 1920-1955
The Bulli Miners’ Lodge was first convened in 1879 at Wilson’s Hotel, Bulli. It became part of the Illawarra Miners’ mutual protective association in 1885. Although this district organisation was short lived, the lodge continued. In 1890, the lodge was a constituent of the Illawara branch of the Amalgamated Miners' Association of Australia. After a series of name changes, it became the Australian Coal and Shale Employees' Federation.
Southern District, 1916-1990
This appears to be a sub-branch of the Australasian Coal and Shale Employees' Federation. That union was registered federally in 1913 as the Australasian Coal Miners' Association. In 1916 the Australasian Coal Miners' Association changed its name to the Australasian Coal & Shale Employees’ Federation which operated until 1990 when it amalgamated with the Federated Mining Mechanics' Association of Australasia to form the United Mineworkers’ Federation of Australia.