The main series is minute books of the Coraki School of Arts and Literary Institute (4 vols) 1900-1931. The records of the Institute include a subscribers' register (1928-37) and a library catalogue and accessions register (circa 1927-1951); minutes of an affiliated group known as the Coraki Debating Society in two volumes (1912-15 and 1915-18). At a Special General Meeting held on 8 December 1913 the rules of the old School of Arts were altered and the name of the organization changed to The Coraki Literary Institute. The stated objects of the Institute were: 'the mental and moral improvement and rational recreation of its members which shall be carried out by the opening of a library and reading room; the holding of lectures; readings and debates' etc. A new School of Arts building was officially opened in Coraki on 10 December 1913.